On Saturday, October 10, the National Corps of Lviv Region together with the Foundation of the Future Organisation will go to the action “Remind everyone”. The purpose of the event is to remind about Ukrainians who are captured by the enemy, about those who were killed and tortured in captivity.
“Remind everyone” action will take place throughout Ukraine. In particular, in Lviv the event will start at 16:00. As in other cities, the participants of the action will demand the authorities:
- Adoption of a law on prisoners, which legally fixes the legal status and establishes the necessary social assistance.
- Adoption of a law on war crimes, which will allow the implementation of international law, thus confirming Ukraine’s ability to prosecute international crimes that are universally recognized in the world, to which the statute of limitations does not apply.
- Ensure the work of the Cabinet of Ministers Commission on missing persons, which has been inactive for about two years, and allow representatives of the families of missing persons to participate in meetings.
- Identify a responsible person at the President’s Office for Captivity and Missing Persons to improve communication and coordination between the families of prisoners and missing persons, and government agencies.
- Provide Security Service employees with effective work in collecting information on the exchange and legal assessment of the actions of the released.