Quarantine in Ukraine is being mitigated, and volunteering is gradually losing its relevance. During the severe quarantine restrictions, the volunteer initiative of the National Corps worked in all cities, helping socially vulnerable Ukrainians.
Thus, during the quarantine, 1,465 volunteers joined our initiative. Together, we delivered food kits to low-income families and retirees; sewed masks and provided personal protective equipment to medical institutions; due to the lack of transport, doctors were brought to work. Also during the quarantine, our volunteers became blood donors, because due to the pandemic of coronavirus disease in Ukrainian there was a shortage of donated blood.
- delivered food kits: 22,357;
- doctors were brought: 5,639;
- distributed masks and protective equipment: 32,446;
- donated blood: 292.
Thanks to caring Ukrainians, we managed to collect 107,510 UAH, of which 80,000 – in cash, 27,511 – on the card.
What we spent money on:
- 26,450 UAH – PPE for medical institutions;
- 50,000 UAH – protective masks for the Azov Regiment;
- 23,550 UAH – purchase of 1,500 masks, 15 suits and gloves for the Alexandria Hospital;
- 1,193 UAH – assistance to a large family in a difficult situation;
- 315 UAH – payment for mask shipments;
- 809 UAH – payment for rubber bands for masks;
- 3,018 UAH – building materials for an orphanage in Kharkiv;
- 1,200 UAH – assistance to an orphanage in Kharkiv;
- 980 UAH – products for the military behind bars.
Thank you to everyone who joined the #НКВолонтери initiative. We have proved once again that together we can do good.